Monday, December 4, 2017

A Pig for Christmas

     I decided to give you a little break from my soap box blog about the trials of owning a pig to tell you a funny story, share a poem I wrote, and offer a plush Christmas pig for sale to anyone who would like her.
     The story goes like this, the other day during his afternoon walk, Fred in all of his 300+ glory was making himself a large hole nest under the pine tree by our neighbors fence. I went over to Fred and said "Oh Fred do you realy have to do that?" He just looked at me and grunted while I was by the fence I said hello to our neighbor. The people who were visiting her came over to admire Fred. Whom to his credit was a perfect gentleman in this first encounter with anyone other then the mailman he even let them pet him through the fence (proud grandma here!) Anyway to make a long story short they asked me if pigs make good pets. As you all well know that is a loaded question. Mean while Fred had gone back to his hole rolling back and forth making himself all dirty and having a grand time.

Fred's masterpiece.



    I tell them "Pigs are very smart but they are also very stubborn animals who can be just as ornery as they are loveable plus as you can see Fred here who was supposed to be 75 to 100 pounds is now over 300 and most of the time dose what he wants when he wants to." Then they say the infamous line "Well I have always wanted a pig but I live in an apartment." I chuffed and said "Please do not get a pig it is not the right pet for an apartment." Just then my daughter who is Fred's mama comes over she scolded him saying "Fed what are you doing?" He quickly tried to get up but triped on his stupid mule hoves and rolled out of the hole in the funniest move I have ever seen after two tumbles, He landed on his butt and looked up at her and said "Mama" as if to say "What I wasn't doing anything."  Completely affirming my previous statement "Pigs are very smart very stubborn animals who can be just as ornery as they are loveable."

     It is ironic I want to tell people that pigs are not good pets, but I love Fred very much and I could not imagine not having him around.  So after telling people not to get a pig I always seem to brag about how smart he is. I guess it is just a personal preference like dog versus cat people not that this really aplies to us as we have both To each their own I guess as long as the animals remaine safe.

     Anyway moving along it is the holidays after all and I am sure you all are very busy people. Here is a poem inspired by the many stories from my pig groups and the antics of Fred.


A Pig for Christmas 
The chestnuts are falling from the tree
Two for the squirrel, three for the pig, and one for me.
The leaves are changing from green to brown
I need more pig chow from town.
There is a pig in my bed
He's not listening to what I said!
He told me it is too cold outside
Under the covers he plans to reside.
 I must be crazy
Even I'm not that lazy.
Do I have a farm yard in my house
Did I just see a mouse?
I guess this is how it is going to be
It is almost time to put up the tree.
I hope he doesn't knock it down
That would surely make me frown.
Oh please don't roll in the soot 
Ouch, now you've stepped on my foot
Oh no he gave me that sideways look
And that is all it took.
Now I have shared my Christmas treat
Because his grin can't be beat.
I will always love my tub of lard
Even when he roots up my yard!
There is no way I can stay mad
He just makes me glad.

                                                             By Sally Wolf 2017

I leave you with the offering of the 12in Christmas Persilla pig she is in very good condition with original story tag and bib. If anyone is interested she is $15 dollars shipped.

Sold Thanks Donna if anyone collects plush pigs and would like me to look for you just let me know. The topical price is 15$ shipped.

Leave a comment, message me on Facebook or email me at sallyawolf@gmail.com if interested. All proceedes will be used to help with Fred's care. First come first served. Thank you once again for taking the time to stop by I hope you have enjoyed your stay tuned in next time for more pig related fun.


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
From my family to yours. 
May God's blessings be bestowed upon you and yours this holiday season.



 

2 comments:

  1. Love your poem <3 Fred is a lucky boy to have such a wonderful g'ma :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you funny Fred's mamma's name is spelled the same as yours.

    ReplyDelete